Ironman Boulder

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

7.9.13 Track Run

I made a real mess out of my track workout today.  Jeff is in DC on vacation and I didn't get a workout for this morning.  The Dallas Athletes are always at my track on Tuesday morning so I checked their web site to see if they post workouts.  Sure enough, they do.  I was going to follow their plan for today, if reasonable.  Here's what I had:  1 warm up mile, 4x (3x300 meters at 5 sec less than 5 k pace with 100 recovery between each 300), 1 cool down mile.  For me, I put this at around 7:20-7:25 pace.  Somehow, between home and the track, I had a brain fart and convinced myself that I was doing 600 meters with a 200 recovery.  When I got done with the first set, I was thinking this was going to be really hard today and what the hell was wrong with me.  I seemed really tired.  After the second set, I started doing math in my head and the numbers weren't making sense.  At this point, I realized the error of my ways.  I basically did the distance after the second set, since I doubled everything by mistake.  I went ahead and did one more set of two 300s to get few of them in.  I was kind of tapped out after that and ran a slow cool down mile.  My numbers were good for the most part but the results and the way I feel about it are somewhat skewed based on my own faux pas of following the plan.  It's in the books, move along and get ready for tomorrow.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/339861899

No comments:

Post a Comment