Ironman Boulder

Saturday, July 20, 2013

7.20.13 Long Ride

I sent Jeff a text and asked him if he was riding today and how fast.  He is training for the World Championships in Vegas.  I can't hang if he is going to go smoking fast.  He was going on a longer slow ride today so I met him at Andy Brown park at 6am.  He was having problems with his rear wheel.  We were going to ride for about an hour and then come back to the park to pick up some others.  When we took off from the park, his wheel was making some weird noises and was out of true.  We headed back to my house and gave him one of my wheels not in use right now.  Seemed to solve the problem.  I forgot to air my tires so we got that taken care of as well.  We were able to ride for about 30 minutes and headed back to the park.  I didn't plan on going with the group that was doing 70+ miles today so I took off with Marie and Tom.  They planned on doing 40ish.  We kind of got lost a little bit and next thing I knew Jeff made an appearance behind us.  We rode out to Highland Village and then worked our way west to familiar roads.  A guy named Lane hooked on with us and we headed out towards Hilltop Road.  I suddenly felt my back tire going a little soft.  I had a slow leak and was going flat.  Bummer.  After changing my flat, we headed on down the road.  I decided to stick with Jeff since I didn't have a spare.  We headed out over 35W to Robson Ranch and then started to work our way back.  We came across a woman Jeff knew that was having a problem with her bottle cages.  We got her fixed and then headed on back.  I only planned on about 3 hours and I ended up going 4:15:21 for 70.68 miles.  I'm not going to ride next week because we will be on vacation so I need some miles.  I'm going to ride tomorrow morning with Justin instead of running.  I was definitely tired at the end.  I don't know what I have left in the tank for tomorrow but I'm sure it will be ok.  The weather is awesome for July.  Hard to pass up comfortable riding conditions.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/345447292

No comments:

Post a Comment