Ironman Boulder

Thursday, July 4, 2013

7.4.13 4th of July Trail Run

 
Running crew for today from L to R: Fred, Me, Joe, Matrix. Katie didn't run.
 
My first run since BSLT was today.  Jeff wanted to do about 4 miles and keep it slow.  I kind of forgot about being off today until Joe and Rich sent me a message about running this morning.  We met at Joe's house at 7:30am.  I wasn't going as long as they were.  I think they were going to try and do 7 miles today.  My goal was around 50 minutes or so.  Granted, the Northshore trail is probably not what Jeff had in mind but I wasn't going to push it too hard.  I saw the Ghost today on the drive over on Lakeside Parkway.  I slowed down and had a quick conversation with him before moving along.  He's everywhere.  Just like yesterday in the pool, I didn't feel bad but I couldn't summon any speed if I needed it today.  My legs did not feel sore but my left hip had a little bit of pain in it.  Nothing serious.  I ended up going out about 28 minutes and then turning around.  I waited for the rest of the group at the trailhead.  They were about 15-20 minutes out when I got to the trailhead.  I just walked around and headed up the trail and back for a quarter mile or so while I waited.  When the group made it to the trail head, I ran back to Joe's house with them.  Overall, not too bad for the first run back.  Hopefully, my legs will return next week for my race in Austin.  Bring on the burgers and hot dogs today. 

http://connect.garmin.com/dashboard?cid=7679769

No comments:

Post a Comment