Ironman Boulder

Thursday, July 11, 2013

7.11.13 Taper Tempo Run

I'm not sure what to think about my run this morning.  My plan was short with a little speed work.  1 mile warm up, 4x (1 minute at 5k pace and 3 minute recovery), 1 mile cool down.  I chose a 4 mile route from the house that I use quite a bit.  I woke up with tight hamstrings this morning and could definitely feel it during the faster tempo sections of my run.  The fatigue from Buffalo Springs continues to hover over me a little bit and I'm a little concerned about the race on Sunday.  Not that I won't finish or anything like that but I do want a decent time.  At this point, I can only do what I can do.  There are only a few more workouts before the race and no running.  I should be fine in the water and on the bike.  My running has me a little worried which I never would have considered a problem a few months ago.  My fast minute runs were at 7:37, 7:38, 6:46, and 7:34 pace.  The third was obviously too hot and I felt it during the fourth.  As always, the early ones were tougher to get going on until I warmed up.  Hmmmm....don't really know what to make of this.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/340823578

No comments:

Post a Comment