Ironman Boulder

Sunday, July 7, 2013

7.7.13 Northshore Trail Run

I met up with the boys this morning at 7am for our Sunday trail run.  Jeff's plan had me going 80 minutes and an easy pace.  For the most part, that was what I did.  Northshore is never easy but the pace wasn't fast by any means.  That trail is good for the legs but it can take a toll on you if your not careful.  With about a mile or so to go until we got to the trail head on the return, I decided to see how my legs would respond to a fairly quick pace.  I did pretty well.  I think my body is close to recovering from Lubbock and that was encouraging.  The last mile from the trail head to Joe's house was an easy run.  I feel like I can throw a competitive time out there on the 14th but we'll see.  Jeff says if we time this right, I should have a pretty good race.  It is going to be hot on Sunday in Austin so I am very thankful Gabriella is doing the race with me.  It gives me 35-40 minute head start on the heat.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/338880885

No comments:

Post a Comment