Ironman Boulder

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

7.3.13 Slowly Working My Way Back

After speaking with Jeff on Monday, I decided to ease into the week.  I took Monday completely off and was pretty sore.  Yesterday was the worst.  I used the foam roller on my legs and that thing is the devil's spawn when you are really sore but it does work.  I was feeling a little better yesterday so I decided to go on a 30 minute easy bike ride.  I avoided anything resembling a hill.  Surprisingly, after about 5 minutes or so, my legs felt really strong.  A stretched things out and hammered out a nice pace for a few minutes and seemed to come easily.  I wasn't going full speed by any means but didn't have any problems holding on to 20mph on flat sections.  This morning I went to the pool and swam.  This was a little more difficult.  I pulled an old workout that was 2500 yards.  It had some speed work in it.  I didn't have any problems finishing the distance but ramping up speed just wasn't there.  My body is still tired.  I found my boy Chris from Buffalo Springs on Facebook last night and sent him a message thanking him for running with me.  I've said it before, this is the great thing about this sport is the people you meet along the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment