Ironman Boulder

Monday, May 12, 2014

5.7.14 Wednesday Double

So I went to the health store over the weekend to get some more Endurox and pick up some GU my wife ordered.  I have a friend who posted a link to a supplement called Mountain Might.  I asked the guy at the health store if he was familiar with it.  He looked it up on line and based on what was in it decided he could combine a few supplements together for me and see how it worked.  I started taking the supplements on Sunday.  Fast forward to Wednesday.  I was told the effects would not be completely apparent for about 2 weeks.  The supplements should theoretically boost red blood cell production, hemoglobin, and EPO production.  Therefore, making acclimatization easier at altitude.  It should help a sea level and improve recovery between workouts.  Thus, I started my swim with no expectations.  I had a couple of 4x100 intervals with 20 second rest descending.  Meaning each one is to be faster than the one before.  I usually start these at around 2:00 per hundred and work my way down to maybe 1:48 or so.  On this day, I started at 1:55, then 1:50, then 1:45 and the last at 1:40.  I really had to make sure this was right and I didn't miss anything.  I had another round coming and would do a better job of paying attention.  Results were the same.  The bears some further analysis but it looks good so far.  Swimming would seem to be the perfect place to determine results since your breathing is obviously labored and directly influences speed under duress.  My bike ride was after work and I really didn't feel better or worse than usual.  The wind was really blowing hard so my effort was high without a lot of performance gain.  Hard to know at this point but interesting to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment