Ironman Boulder

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

5.20.14 Track Run

Jeff dropped an intense track workout on me today.  I think I pulled something in my right calf today.  Hopefully, it will resolve itself quickly. 

1 mile warm up
4X(15 sec pick ups with 10 sec rest), then 2 min rest
4X(2 min at threshold, with 1 min rest), then 3 min rest
2X(4 min at threshold with 2 min rest), then 3 min rest
8 min at threshold, then 4 min rest
1 mile cool down

I don't know what my threshold is so I just went a pace that I could sustain with some difficulty.  The two minute intervals were at 7 minute pace or below.  The four minute intervals were around 7:40 pace and the 8 minute interval was at 7:50 pace.  I met a guy at the track named Lee that is doing Ironman Boulder as well.  Small world.  He was really fast.  One of those guys that's keeps a fast pace but makes it look effortless.  I might have someone else to workout with for the longer distance work over the next month and a half.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/503391537

No comments:

Post a Comment