Ironman Boulder

Thursday, May 15, 2014

5.14.14 Wednesday Double

Wednesday is a swim and bike day.  I swam in the morning.  Jeff put a 1000 yard timed swim after about 1000 yards of drills in the workout.  I was supposed to go as fast as possible.  As with most endurance activities, it's always hard to know how hard to push.  You don't want to blow up towards the end.  I pushed at what I would consider 75%-80% effort for each length of the pool.  All of my lengths were consistently between 28-31 seconds.  The timed portion of the swim was 20:17.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/499844886

In the pool without a wetsuit, 20:17 is a very good time for me.  Basically, sustaining 2:00 hundreds for 20 minutes.  Not bad.

Rode the bike with Shelby on Wednesday night.  We did a longer loop out to Bartonville and back.  Weather was a little cool.  Might be the last time I get to say that for awhile.  Windy again today.  When June hits, the wind should die down but the heat will settle in.  It's always something.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/499844861

No comments:

Post a Comment