Ironman Boulder

Friday, May 2, 2014

5.2.14 Recovery Week

I just finished a build cycle so this week is a recovery week.  I took the entire day off on Monday.  On Tuesday morning, I had a five mile tempo run.  1 mile warm up, 5x (15 second pick ups with 2 minutes recovery), and finish the remaining distance at an easy pace.  My body was still in recovery mode and this seemed more difficult than it should have been.  I started to get my groove on at about 4 miles and felt really good from there on out.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/489701983

Wednesday was the usual swim/bike double.  I didn't get an actual swim workout.  Jeff said to just swim for 30 minutes.  I ended up doing 1.2 miles of straight swimming.  The pollen is bad right now and I had some issues breathing.  The swim went about 47 minutes so it was a little long.  Seems like a waste to get in the water and not get at least 2k yards in.  I rode the bike that evening with the Enduroshark group.  We rode out to Murrell Park and back.  I think the ride was 68 minutes and covered almost 17 miles.  I took it real easy.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/490462366

Thursday was a 4 mile tempo run at easy pace.  I started to feel good again on Thursday.  My easy miles were just over 9 minute pace.  I don't know what happened but I did one mile per my Garmin at 8:13.  I really didn't feel like I ever pushed the pace at all.

Today was a swim day.  Once again, I was to go 30 minutes.  Same as Wednesday, I knocked out 2200 yards and went home.  I was really comfortable today.  No breathing issues and tore through the swim without issue.  I'm sure next week will start another build so I'm not going to push it too much this weekend.  It will be hard because I'm feeling good right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment