Ironman Boulder

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Tuesday 11.6.12

Enough of sitting around and doing nothing for the past week.  I did go out of town to see my daughter at college this past weekend, so I hadn't really planned on much training until this week.  Last night, I ran 6.15 miles in about 57 minutes.  I averaged 9:20 miles and didn't really push the pace too much.  My legs were still a little fatigued but I was never really winded from a cardiovascular standpoint.  I guess it will take a little time to fully recover from the race.  This morning I swam 2200 yards in the pool.  My legs were still feeling a little tired from the run last night but my pace was really good in the pool today.  I feel like myself in the pool.  I am on a quest for 300,000 yards before the end of the year.  Should be doable.  After swimming, I went to vote.  The polls opened at 7am and I got there at about 7:15.  Took about an hour to vote but I got it all done today.  My buddy Joe is doing an Ultra Run this weekend and I need to see about helping him out on Saturday.  That should be interesting as I have never seen one of these races in action.  I have started looking for the next big race in 2013 but haven't decided on anything as of yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment