Ironman Boulder

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sunday 11.11.12

Slept in a little late today.  I got up early to help Joe out with his 50K race on the Northshore trail at Lake Grapevine yesterday.  The wind was really blowing so I didn't miss taking the day off from the bike.  It gave me another much needed rest day for my legs.  Here's a picture of me and Joe before his race started yesterday:


Our other trail running compadre, Rich "Matrix" Wessels, was also helping out with the race so I grabbed a picture of him and Joe too.


It was fun helping Joe out on Saturday.  For me, I did get a run in this morning before the rain and the cold front hit.  I have a four mile route that I had intended to take today.  Earlier in the week, Jeff wanted me to keep my runs to about 3 miles.  I felt pretty good so I extended today's run to 5.25 miles.  It took about 47 minutes which is an 8:54/mile pace.  I could feel my strength coming back a little today which was nice to see.  I think it's time to dial up the distances this week.  The bike will be tough to work in with the early sunsets.  I will have to do most of that non-weekend work on the stationary bike.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/242354548

No comments:

Post a Comment