Ironman Boulder

Friday, November 9, 2012

Friday 11.9.12

Forgot to post yesterday.  It was really busy.  I ran yesterday morning.  Jeff didn't want me to do more than 3 miles.  I have a route that is 3.3 miles so I decided to do that.  Yes, it's a little long.  I steadily got faster as the distance increased.  I went 9:02 for the first mile, 8:40 for the second mile, 8:38 for the third mile and was at 8:00 pace for the final .3.  I felt pretty good and the milage was easy.  I have a little IT band pain in my right hip.  It was there in the first mile and then subsided.  My left knee has been a little tender for the past few days as well.  I don't think it's anything serious.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/241347808

I swam this morning.  I don't really have a plan this week so I pulled one of the longer swims from earlier in the month.  I got a late start today and skipped the cool down 100 yards.  Swim yardage ended up being 2600 for the day.  Back to doing some kickboard work.  I can tell there is still some leg fatigue after the race.  I got mixed up and did some of the wrong workout today.  Nice job.  No big deal.  I adapted and moved on.

I went to REI yesterday and diversified my nutrition.  I bought honey stingers but left out the Ginsting variety.  It still makes my stomach turn to think about those after the race.  I bought some GU including the Cherry Lime since that tasted so good in Austin.  Who knew?  I also bought some Shot Blocks.  I intend on mixing up the nutrition this winter and spring.

Tomorrow morning my trail running brother Joe is doing the Rockledge Ultra race.  I am going to help crew him for the race so I may take tomorrow off.  I could probably still use some rest.  I'm not all the way back yet.  Should be fun to help him out.  The Matrix is going to man a few stations as well.  Joe doing 30 miles tomorrow.  The terrain is familiar since it our home turf for trail running.

http://www.nttr.org/rumble/

No comments:

Post a Comment