Ironman Boulder

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Saturday 11.17.12

Yesterday, I went to boot camp at 6am.  That was not great.  After the Thursday workout and run, I was as sore as I have ever been.  My body was a wreck.  I fought through the boot camp.  Mostly lower body work.  Despite the work, I wasn't as sore in the afternoon and evening as I was the day before.  This morning, I woke up early and left the house for a 2 hour bike ride.  I was still pretty sore but I quickly figured out the muscles I use for riding my bike were not affected as badly.  I guess most of the work at boot camp is working muscles I don't generally use during triathlon training.  It was very cold this morning.  It was about 40 degrees when I left.  For the first 30 minutes, I thought my fingers were going to get frostbite and fall off.  They finally warmed up but my feet started giving me problems at about the one hour mark.  Not a great day for riding the bike.  I probably would have put another hour in but we had tickets for the Coppell/MacArthur playoff game today at the Death Star at 11am so I had to cut it short.  I'll be running tomorrow for an hour.  I don't think it will be very fast and I'll have to see how my body responds to the training I have been doing this week.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/244282131

No comments:

Post a Comment