Ironman Boulder

Sunday, March 3, 2013

3.3.13 Trail Run

Long run day today.  I met Joe and the Matrix at Joe's house at 8:30 this morning.  We ran the full trail from the Twin Coves trail head to the other end at Rockledge.  Joe's wife was nice enough to pick us up there and drive us back to Joe's house.  I was looking for 130 minutes today.  Around 12 miles should do it at Northshore.  I have never run the entire stretch at one time so this was a nice change of pace.  The second half of the trail is much more forgiving than the first six miles.  It is smoother and faster.  Unfortunately, I forgot to us my body glide this morning and have some chaffing issues at mile 5.  I ended up taking my shirt off and putting it in my running tights to save the day.  Good thing I had two layers on this morning.  The first six miles were a little slow as the terrain is much more difficult.  We were around 11 minute miles.  After mile 6, Rich pushed the pace a little bit and we were doing less than 10 minute miles for a few miles.  We ended up averaging around 10:30 miles for the entire run which is really good for that trail.  It is really tough.  Altogether, we covered 12.13 miles 2:09:47.  13 seconds shy of the target time Jeff gave me.  I felt pretty good today.  Grasslands is on March 23 and I hope to get all of my work in for the next few weeks.  We have some trips planned so it is going to be harder than it would be if I were at home.  Good run today.  I am hoping for a time somewhere in the 2:00:00 to 2:10:00 for the Grasslands Half.  The terrain is supposed to be much faster.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/279939910

No comments:

Post a Comment