Ironman Boulder

Friday, March 29, 2013

3.29.13

I have been really busy at work this week so my training has suffered some this week.  Yesterday, I ran 7 miles in the morning.  I started out feeling pretty bad.  My first few miles were pretty slow but my pace increased as I warmed up.  My garmin doesn't seem to want to download my run so it may be lost.  My run was to be a 1 mile warm up, 2 miles at 10k pace, 1 mile at 5k pace, 2 miles at 10k pace, and a cool down mile.  I hoped to do the 10k miles in less than 9 and the 5k at 8 minutes or under.  My course is the usual one I have been using lately.  It is pretty much up hill for the first 4 miles.  The first two 10k miles from memory were around 8:55 and 8:40.  The 5k mile was a little slow at 8:15 but it was in the heart of the rolling uphill section of my run.  The next two 10k's were low 8 minute.  I can't remember the numbers.  I felt much better at the back half of the run.  Coming back, I run along side Denton Creek and had a Coyote run right by me along the creek.  He stopped and stared at me but I kept going.  Don't know if he was thinking about coming after me or not.  Probably not but it was an uncomfortable feeling and probably helped me run faster for a little bit.  I also saw a possum on the way home but they are not very fearsome.  This morning I swam.  I had to cut it a little short since I got to the pool later than I wanted.  Decided to punt on the easy 1 hour bike ride tonight.  I had to work on my pool when I got home.  Tomorrow, I'm hoping to get in a 3 hour bike ride.  I haven't been able to go on a long ride in quite awhile so I'm looking forward to that.  Hopefully, the rain will hold off.

No comments:

Post a Comment