Ironman Boulder

Thursday, March 21, 2013

3.21.13 Taper Run

For some reason last night I developed some pain under my left heel.  I decided to hold off on my taper run until the evening hoping it would feel a little better.  It didn't feel much better and neither did I as a whole.  I usually work out in the morning and maybe the evening workout isn't agreeable with my body.  Mentally I was a little checked out and couldn't really find a rhythm until midway through my second mile.  I guess my mind is at the Grasslands race already and my mental energy for my workouts was just lacking today.  My heel didn't bother me much after I got going so I'm not overly concerned about that.  I did pull a back muscle as well last night and that hurt some today but nothing too terrible.  Getting old is a bitch I guess.  My time for low key 3 mile run wasn't bad.  The last two were in the 8:30 range and I wasn't pushing the pace at all.  Two days to go until the race.  Should be fun because the Matrix and Joe are running with me on Saturday.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/287241873

No comments:

Post a Comment