Ironman Boulder

Saturday, March 30, 2013

3.30.13 Bike

Slept in a little this morning.  We had storms last night or at least thats what I'm told.  I didn't hear anything but the pool was full this morning.  I checked the weather and the storms rolled through and it looked like a good time to head out at 8:45am.  I needed 3 hours and was hoping for a nice spot between storms today.  I had to decide between heading out to the whitehouse or taking the loop around DFW.  I haven't ridden the DFW route in awhile so I opted for that.  There was still water all over the streets and lots of leaves everywhere.  Looks like it got pretty windy last night.  Storm must have chased the possums out on the streets.  I saw 4 dead ones on the road this morning.  It was still breezy this morning from the SE, another reason I went the DFW route.  I would get the wind at my back on the way home.  I don't necessarily like the actual road around the airport.  Lots of trucks and they don't really respect people on bikes.  I took a different route through Las Colinas.  There are lots of hills in there and is good for the legs.  In order to get 3 hours I had to add on a little at the end.  I haven't ridden much in the last month so I was kind of tired by the time I finished.  It was good to get it all in today and avoid the rain.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/290809055

No comments:

Post a Comment