Ironman Boulder

Friday, March 22, 2013

3.22.13 Day before Grasslands

I got a very light run in this morning, a little over a mile.  Basically, warming up and thats about it.  My left knee feels a little tight tonight but I am due for my monthly arthritis shot and I got that done an hour or so ago.  Hopefully, I will feel good in the morning.  I had a steak and sweet potato tonight.  I decided to go with the same dinner I had before Ironman Austin.  The Matrix, Joe and me will be leaving from Joe's house at 6:00am in the morning for the race.  Hopefully, I will be able to get some sleep tonight.  The weather is very dicey for this race.  It's going to be in the 40s with a strong chance of rain.  Really confusing as to what to wear.  If it rains, that will confuse things a bit.  I have a light vented rain jacket that will do but I don't want too much stuff with me.  I loaded up my fuel belt with two bottles of water and two bottles of Accelerade.  I don't plan on stopping anywhere.  I have a variety of GU and Honey Stinger gels as well.  I should be completely self sufficient.  Only question now is how fast can I go?  I will try to maintain a fairly consistent pace through the first half and then play it by ear from there.  Should be fun with the trail crew in tact.  Hammer was supposed to go with us but he had surgery on his foot and is out for this one.  We'll miss him tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment