Ironman Boulder

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

3.19.13 Run

After the race, I was supposed to swim yesterday.  I ended up working late and didn't get home in time to get to the pool.  I slept in yesterday.  I was exhausted after the road trip and the race.  Today, my plan was a 6 mile run.  I wasn't to push the pace much.  Just a steady consistent run.  I ran about 6.3 miles and finished in around 53 minutes.  From memory, I averaged aroun 8:50 miles and felt really good.  I got stronger as the run went along.  The Grasslands Half Marathon is on Saturday and Jeff wanted me to work in a longer run today and taper off a little throughout the week.  This won't be a very taxing week from a workout perspective.  I am interested to see how the trail race goes on Saturday.  I'm not sure what to expect for a finish time.  It would be great to go under 2 hours but probably 2:10:00-2:15:00 is more realistic.  We'll see.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/286556496

No comments:

Post a Comment