Ironman Boulder

Sunday, March 17, 2013

3.17.13 Pre-Mean Green Sprint

I have been out of town since March 8.  My wife and I went to Chicago to see our daughter compete at Osh Kosh, Wisconsin at her college regional championships.  I swam on Friday morning but did not have time for anything on Saturday or Sunday.


We had a great time but upon return on Sunday, I immediately had to get in my truck and head out for a week long road trip with my son to visit colleges.  Our first stop was Ole Miss so we headed out as fast as possible.  When we got to Ole Miss it was late.  My plan called for about 7 miles on Monday morning.  It was cold in Oxford and I took off running towards the campus.  When I got to campus, I had to make two trips around the campus and then ran back to the hotel.  I think the total distance was about 6.5 miles.

On Tuesday, we went to Vanderbilt in Nashville.  After the campus tour, we drove to Charlotte, NC.  In the foothills of the Smokey Mountains, I pulled over and rode the bike for 90 minutes.  Very cool to be out in the Tennessee country riding the bike.

On Wednesday, we were staying in Charlotte, NC.  After a full day at the University of South Carolina in Columbia, SC, we drove back to Charlotte and I ran a little over 4 miles.

Thursday morning I rode the back for a little over an hour in North Carolina.  We had an appointment at Clemson in the afternoon so I rode early.  It was an easy ride and I wasn't real interested in pushing the pace.

Thursday night we arrived in Tuscaloosa, AL.  I went to school at the University of Alabama so I was very excited about this stop.  On Friday morning, Jeff had me running an easy 2 mile run.  I ran to campus and back from the hotel early in the morning.  Saturday was to be a rest day so it was good to get all of the work in despite the schedule we were working under.

Sunday is the Mean Green Triathlon in Denton.  I made it to Dallas in time to pick up my packet in Denton before 5pm on Saturday and I was ready to roll for Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment