Ironman Boulder

Friday, September 6, 2013

9.5.13 Recovery Run

I was out of town yesterday and was not able to ride my bike.  Today was a slow and steady five mile run at 9-10 minute miles.  I cut it a little short due to time constraints but made the times relatively easily.  I'm a little sore after the run but feel good today considering what my legs have been through.  I will be dialing up the distances this weekend.  I have two big weeks of training before the next taper for Kerrville.  I feel like I'm just hanging on right now trying to maintain my fitness.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/371587476

2 comments:

  1. If you are truly serious about the triathlon you will probably consult a triathlon coach sooner or later. Everyone comes to a point when they need expert guidance which will most likely include weight training and this will augment your strength and endurance training along with other disciplines such as yoga and pilates. The main thing to watch for is overtraining which has more to do with age, genetics and how much you do rather than what you do. It̢۪s your body and you're the expert there in you triathlon training practice.

    training for a triathlon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and taking the time to leave a comment. I have been working with a coach for about a year and a half and I have made significant improvement over that time. I also work out some with a local tri club as well.

      Delete