Ironman Boulder

Thursday, September 19, 2013

9.19.13 Tempo Run

Didn't have it today at all.  Jeff gave me a 8 mile plan with 2 warm up miles, 2 miles at 8:40, 2 miles at 8:20, 1 mile at 8:10 and a cool down mile.  I started late so I wasn't sure the whole run could be done or not.  I decided to try and get it in.  My miscalculation of distance before I left was in full effect again.  I ran my usual route backwards to get a new perspective and change things up.  However, I was on the 6 mile route instead of the 8.  I was able to tack on enough mileage to get about 7.7 miles in.  My legs were not buying in from the get go today.  It has been a hard two weeks of build.  My warm up miles were slow, 10:22 and 9:43.  I could tell getting up to speed was going to be rough.  The first two 8:40 miles were 8:51and 8:45 but I knew there wasn't alot in the tank today.  Getting down to 8:20 for the next two was going to be rough. I decided to knock out what was possible and turned in 8:55 and 8:52 for the next two.  Disappointing to be sure but I was doing the best I could considering the fatigue.  I was up late the night before and was not operating at full rest which was a possible contributor to my slow times.  I really tried to make the last fast mile but could only turn a 8:32 mile.  Just wasn't happening today.  When the seventh mile went off, I walked for about a tenth of a mile or so and then jogged it in.  My Garmin training effect for the day was a 5 which tranlates to "Overreaching".  I probably should have backed off a little and should not have been so concerned about the times.  It is my last fast training run so I stuck with the program as much as possible.  Training starts backing off now so the hay is in the barn at this point.  Shelby got me an Enduroshark jersey so I can support them in Kerrville unless the swim is not wetsuit legal.  Otherwise, I'll be wearing my Orca speed suit.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/378121392

No comments:

Post a Comment