Ironman Boulder

Thursday, September 19, 2013

9.18.13 Swim and Bike Intervals

Started the day with a 2500 yard swim.  Had some stiffness again in both shoulders this workout.   I am swimming four days a week right now and it may be an overuse problem.  I'm not sure.  Considering its about one week out from the race, it should be fine.  Next week will be light since it will be a taper week.  Lots of variation in the swim and I had alot to keep up with (fins, kick board, pull buoy).  Finished a shade under an hour.  Not too bad considering all of the work in the plan.  For the bike workout after work, I did intervals again.  I met Shelby and the Enduroshark group at the CAC in Flower Mound and we left from there.  Rode out to Bridlewood and back.  The roads were good for intervals.  Some sections were chopped up from stop signs and lights but Jeff gave me shorter hard intervals and recoveries that worked fine.  I needed about an hour and a half to finish so I left the group after we returned to the CAC.  There is a nice section of road from the rec center to the warehouses.  I saw a Coyote in the median on the way home.  It was dark and the Coyotes were on the prowl.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/377851060

No comments:

Post a Comment