Ironman Boulder

Thursday, April 3, 2014

4.3.14 Tempo Run

On Tuesday, I went to the track.  No one there again but at least the gate was open.  Similar run to last  week except every interval had a 400 recovery instead of a rest.  I ran an extra cool down mile to make the distance a little over six miles.  Sluggish to start but felt better towards the end.  Not a bad day.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/471568062

Wednesday I swam in the morning and rode the trainer in the evening.  I felt ok in the water.  Can't seem to get right swimming yet.  I don't know why.  Very strange.  Swimming is the most intimidating part of the Ironman for me.  Maybe my nerves are just not right.  I was really tired when I got home and was a little late heading to the Flower Mound CAC to ride with Shelby's guys.  I took a brief nap and then rode the trainer for a little over 70 minutes.  Very fatigued last night.

This morning I ran 6 miles.  One mile warm up, four moderate miles and a cool down mile.  I took the hilly Sandy Lake route which is right at 6 miles.  My stomach wasn't feeling good when I started but I finished the run ok and was better by the end.  Hope I'm not getting sick.  My miles got faster as I went.  It was good to sweat in a short sleeve shirt and shorts again.  I only wish the pool was warm enough to jump in after the run.  It is a great way to cool down before heading to work.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/472760614

No comments:

Post a Comment