Ironman Boulder

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

4.15.14 Track Run

On Monday, I decided to swim in the morning.  Jeff told me to take the day off if I was sore from the race.  I didn't feel bad so I went.  I used the Monday workout from last week since I kind of abandoned the formal swims from the previous work.  I felt good in the water which is a good sign.  No real fatigue.  Jeff sent the workouts for the week.  Longer and more endurance based.  He guaranteed fatigue this week.

Tuesday morning I headed to the track.  One mile warm up, four 1600s at 10k pace with 400 recoveries in between, and followed by a mile cool down.  All of my 1600s were in the 8:13 to 8:16 range.  I was surprised with the consistency.  I was beat when the run was over in a good way.  I had some weird pain in my left leg later at work but it went away.  I will keep an eye on that.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/480498883

No comments:

Post a Comment