Ironman Boulder

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

4.22.14 Interval Run

When I received my plan from Jeff, I didn't think the workout for today looked overly difficult.  I had to write it down and put it in my pocket because it was a little confusing.

1 mile warmup
6x(15 second pickups with 10 second recovery)
2 minute recovery
6x(3 minutes at 5k pace, 1 minute recovery)
2 minute recovery
6 minutes at best sustained speed
5 minute recovery
6x(1 minute fast, 30 second recovery)
1 mile cool down

This was a real ass kicker this morning.  I totally underestimated the effort that would go into this.  Probably one of the harder Tuesday interval runs I have done.  I was working on little sleep as well.  I went to the Stars playoff game and didn't get home until 1am so the 6am alarm was not a welcome sound.  All of the fast times were generally sub 8 minute mile pace.  Good stuff this morning.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/485013029

No comments:

Post a Comment