Ironman Boulder

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thursday 12.6.12

I guess I'm on the every other day plan for posts.  The mornings I do boot camp aren't very exciting so I have been skipping those days from a blogging perspective.  Don't get me wrong, the boot camp is starting to go well and I feel ok after each workout.  In fact, there may some resemblence of a muscle making an appearance on my arms soon.  This morning was about running.  Jeff wanted me to do a Tempo run which is specific times to meet that vary.  He gave me times that were a little faster today so that was interesting.  I also took a completely different route than the one I usually use for my 6 mile runs.  They opened Deforest Road on the other side of MacArthur so I ran up Deforest and worked my way through the neighborhood over there before jumping back on the familiar Parkway route, through the park and then home.  Ended up at slightly over 6 miles so my guessing was spot on.  Running a new route in the dark was challenging.  It was hard to make out the street signs at night and I am not real familiar with the roads in that neighborhood.  The workout was supposed to be a warm up mile, 9:00 mile, 8:40 mile, 8:20 mile, 8:50 mile and a cool down mile.  I couldn't remember all of this when I left so I was just winging it.  I knew I was supposed to be in the 8s.  It has been a while since I pushed the pace so I went ahead and took some liberties here today and stretched it out a bit.  My pacing for the morning was 9:36, 8:30, 8:32, 8:30, 8:34, 8:50.  Kind of close.  I never got to 8:20 but I pretty much stayed consistent in the 8:30 range.  I haven't lost too much fitness in November.  I haven't logged the miles or sustained the same hours of workouts each week so I am fairly happy with the run today.  I hope I'm not trashed for tomorrow's boot camp.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/249801602

No comments:

Post a Comment