Ironman Boulder

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Sunday 12.2.12

Been a few days since my last post.  It's been a pretty good weekend.  Alabama defeated the Georgia Bulldogs to move on to the National Championship in Miami.  After a win, several of my friends from college text during the game since we are all over the country and have something we dub the Cup of Victory.  Here is mine, full of Corona, after the game last night:


As for training, Friday was boot camp day.  I am finally to the point where I don't feel terrible after boot camp conditioning. 

Saturday, I rode my bike with Justin.  We rode out to the Whitehouse and back.  Right around 42 miles and we were gone for about 2 hours and 40 minutes.  The wind was 10-15 from the south.  We were pretty fast on the way out and our time back into the wind was pretty good too.  For all the people who moan and complain about the Texas summer, December with 70 degree sunny weather does not suck.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/248304275

Today, Joe and I went on our usual Sunday trail run on the Northshore trail.  Our other running compadre, Rich the "Matrix", was out of the country somewhere on the way to Australia.  Last report had him in South Korea.  We did 8.5 miles today in an hour and 45 minutes.  Weather was great.  Sunny and 70 degrees with less humidity than yesterday.  Awesome. 

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/248659219

I brought my phone today to get some pictures of the lake.  We haven't been getting any rain and the lake level is really down.  Here I am sitting in some chair that was sitting at the bottom of the lake a few months ago:



This is some old make shift boat ramp that isn't used anymore.  The boats at the Twin Coves Marina in the background are about to hit bottom.


This whole area here is usually completely underwater.







No comments:

Post a Comment