Ironman Boulder

Saturday, December 29, 2012

12.29.12 Bike Ride

The weather was very cold by Dallas standards this morning in the 20s.  I just don't ride in weather that cold so I chose to wait until this afternoon hoping it would be better.  I left on the bike at about 1:30pm and it was still 39 degrees.  I bundled up and decided to determine what the distance would be after I rode about 30 minutes.  I definitely planned on riding out to the lake and back at a minimum (~26 miles).  I got out to the lake and decided to add on a few more miles through Flower Mound.  The wind seemed to be off and on a little bit.  It was supposed to be 7mph from the NW so I was into the wind going out and with it coming back.  It felt stronger at times but maybe it was just the cold wind.  I did stop at the Marina to check on my chair out in the middle of the lake to see how much the lake has risen after the snow and rain this week.  It was still on dry ground.  I ended up going almost 40 miles in 2 hours and 32 minutes.  It was cold and a little bit of a gut check today to be out there.  I hope the weather will be better tomorrow for my trail run with Rich.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/255536155

No comments:

Post a Comment