Ironman Boulder

Saturday, December 22, 2012

12.22.12

Flip flopped my workouts this weekend.  Looks like the wind may settle down a little tomorrow and Justin has a group riding tomorrow.  I asked Joe if he could trail run with me today instead of tomorrow.  His plan calls for a long day and a shorter day of running on the weekends.  Joe was cool with switching days too so it all worked out.  I was really tired this morning and overslept a little bit.  Sent Joe a text and let him know I was running late.  We took off about 9am this morning.  It was cold this morning, around 43 at the start.  Probably overdressed a little bit as it seemed to warm up throughout the run.  I wasn't really feeling great all day.  Seemed like every rock and root was finding a way to snag my foot or roll under my feet with alot of slipping and sliding.  I stubbed my big toe on my right foot again on the way out.  I continue to jam the same toe on that foot every few weeks.  Hurts like hell.  On the way back, I got snagged by a sawed off tree on my right foot again and ate it on the trail.  Tough day, I just couldn't find a rhythm and it seemed like the trail was angry and conspiring against me.  Joe logged a milestone for him passing 2,000,000 meters.  Christmas may bog down some training next week but I am going to try and get everything in.  Tomorrow, I will take my new bike out for its first real ride.  I am very excited to see how that goes.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/253551303


No comments:

Post a Comment