Ironman Boulder

Monday, December 31, 2012

12.31.12 Last Workout of 2012

Today marks the last workout of the year.  I swam today.  It was a 2700 yard swim with alot of intervals.  I did some off the wall things today as well.  Sailboat drill, one armed swimming, Tarzan drill, pull buoy, kickboard, just about everything you can do. I mixed in some speed work too.  My swimming has come a long way this year.  I took about a month off of swimming after Austin or I might have reached 300k yards in the pool.  I ended up with 263,345 yards in the pool or almost 151 miles.  It's really hard to fathom that much distance in the water.  In 2011, I really had some fears in the water.  In 2012, I did not worry about the water and was more concerned with time.  It was a nice transition to go from a position of dread to a position of confidence.  I wish I was a little faster this year but that will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment