Ironman Boulder

Sunday, December 23, 2012

12.23.12

Maiden voyage today on my new TT bike.  Wind seemed to be heavier than yesterday so maybe my plan backfired on flipping workouts today.  I rode out to Argyle and back which is almost 50 miles.  It took right at 3 hours to finish.  The bike really cuts through the wind well and is much more aerodynamic.  My positioning on the bike seems to be more aggressive when not in the aero bars.  I was able to maintain some good pace going uphill.  It's hard to tell but I think I was at least 1-1.5mph faster today on the new bike.  I went over 3000 miles today on the bike for the year.  I should get a few more rides in before the end of the month depending on weather and holiday activities.  Felt pretty good to get in 50 today as I haven't done that in a while.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/253863003

No comments:

Post a Comment