Ironman Boulder

Sunday, September 22, 2013

9.22.13 Open Water Swim/Northshore Trail Run

It finally felt like fall this morning.  My truck said 59 degrees on the way to the lake.  I was the only one who showed up for the open water swim.  Shelby followed me around in his Kayak and I swam about a mile this morning.  The warm water and the cool air created a fog on the water.  Kind of cool looking, it was hard to see between the buoys.  Joe is in Lubbock this weekend so it was just me and the Matrix for our trail run.  Jeff had 8 miles on my plan so we ran from Murrell to Rockledge and back.  8.6 miles round trip.  With the weather being cool, it was so much easier than the last few weeks.  I think we were fairly fast but it didn't seem like we were working that hard.  Our average pace was about eleven and a half minutes, which is quick for a trail run.  Glad to see the weather turning.  Time to taper for the rest of the week.

Swim:
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/379590760

Trail Run:
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/379590784

No comments:

Post a Comment