Ironman Boulder

Thursday, September 12, 2013

9.12.13 Tempo Run

Very tough run this morning.  In the last 48 hours, I have run 8 miles of intervals at the track, swam 2600 yards, bike intervals for 75 minutes and then ran another 7 miles this morning.  My legs were somewhat fatigued this morning.  Jeff's plan was more endurance at slower pace the week.  My seven miles this morning were 2 warm up miles, 4 miles at 8:10-8:20, and a cool down mile.  Once again my route management was flawed.  I run through a neighborhood across the street from us to tack on the extra mile to my usual six mile route.  For some reason, I thought my six mile route was seven miles.  I made it work and added on to the end.  My fast miles were 8:25, 8:12, 8:27, and 8:24.  Three of the four were just outside the target range but fairly close.  The humidity was really up this morning and I was exhausted after this one.  My heart rate ended up in zone 5 towards the end.  I'm glad tomorrow is a little bit of a break before a tough weekend.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/374534979

No comments:

Post a Comment