Ironman Boulder

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

9.11.13 Swim and Bike Intervals

My plan called for the usual Wednesday double, swim in the morning and bike in the evening.  I finally felt better today during my swim.  I was fairly strong throughout the swim.  I did 2600 yards in about 70 minutes.  Lots of kickboard so it was a little slower in time terms but I felt really good throughout the swim.  Decided to drive over to the Flower Mound CAC tonight to do intervals.  The road over there is fairly flat in areas and good for interval work.  There usually isn't much traffic and I was a little late getting over there.  I ended up doing 15 minutes of warm up, 5X (3 minutes hard/3 minutes moderate), 10 minute recovery, 5X (3 minutes high cadence/3 minutes normal), and 10 minutes of cool down.  It was really humid as there was rain in Flower Mound this evening.  My legs were burning but it felt good to hammer the intervals.  There was a dead armadillo on the road that smelled something fierce.  The only bad thing about the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment