Ironman Boulder

Sunday, September 15, 2013

9.15.13 Open Water Swim/Long Trail Run

My plan was for 11 miles today in prep for the Kerrville half iron in a few weeks.  I have been doing the open water swims with Shelby for the past few weeks.  I like getting a feel for the open water.  It makes things much more comfortable for race day.  I was able to do a little over a mile in the water and then came on in for the run.  The Matrix, Joe, and Fred were waiting for me at the boat ramp.  After changing into my run clothes and gearing up we left at about 7:45am.  We ran out to Rockledge and back from Murell Park which is about 8.4 miles.  Rich and Fred took off for home.  Joe and I reloaded at my truck and headed out for another 2.6 miles.  My legs were off and on for the run.  The climbs on the trail were tough.  I was real comfortable on the flatter sections.  Some kids have a aid station set up on the trail and you can buy water and Gatorade from them.  They even have a credit card reader.  Amazing.  We reloaded a little there at about the 6 mile mark.  Joe and I knocked out the mileage and ended up going 11.14 miles.  It took us 2 hours and 6 minutes today.  We were really tired.  I brought some camping chairs and we just sat down and drank some fluids and talked for awhile before heading home.  It was a good day for running.  The heat really didn't come on until the very end of the run.  You can feel fall coming.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/376218756

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/376218783

No comments:

Post a Comment