Ironman Boulder

Monday, December 17, 2012

Monday 12.17.12

Yesterday was trail run day on the Northshore trail at Lake Grapevine.  The Matrix was back from literally circling the globe the past few weeks.  He is fast when he turns it on.  We met at Joe's house and took off at the regular winter time, 8am.  The weather was a little cool (low 50s).  Decided to go without gloves and arm warmers.  Good decision as I warmed up pretty fast.  Joe wanted to do a little extra mileage.  Rich and I ran to the chair in what is usually the middle of the lake.  We had some rain on Saturday so I was hoping the chair might be close to underwater.  No such luck.  The chair had a few new friends gathered up next to it.  I should take my phone and get a picture every Sunday.  Rich and I walked around a little bit and then decided to go and meet Joe on his return.  We found him about a .25 mile in or so.  We ran the return route on the one way back.  That trail is fairly new and really rocky and steep.  It is hard.  We were about .75 miles from the trail head and Rich asked me to pick it up and really go.  He was behind me.  I figured he might be a little out of shape after traveling for the past few weeks and took off.  I really put the hammer down and tried to drop him.  Every time I thought there was a gap, I would hear the pounding of his footsteps behind me.  We were doing close to 7 minute mile pace for brief periods of time.  When we hit the trail head, I was really spent.  It was fun going that fast but it was tough.  Nice change of pace.  It's always much more fun running with Rich and Joe.  Good times.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/252240595

Today was boot camp day.  Really tough today.  Lots of ab and core work.  I sprained my thumb doing burpees but was able to fight through it and finish.  It was a tough boot camp day.  My last day of work for the year is on Wednesday.  I am going to ramp the training up while I'm off.  Thursday, I'm going to ride some triathlon bikes at Bikes Plus.  I'm looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment