Ironman Boulder

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas 12.25.12

We had alot to do yesterday getting ready for Christmas so I didn't work out yesterday.  I intended to ride the bike but just didn't get to it.  Things have settled down somewhat so I decided to run today.  We had thunderstorms last night and it was raining hard all morning.  It seemed to lighten up around noon and I checked the weather radar.  The radar said there was a gap in the storm and it should be good for a little while.  I changed clothes and took off.  When I went outside it was a light to moderate drizzle.  About a mile in, the rain was starting to come down pretty hard.  Two miles in the rain turned to sleet.  The wind was blowing at least 20mph and the sleet was stinging my face.  It was about .6 of a mile to my turnaround so I decided to stay with it since the wind would be at my back most of the way back.  After the turnaround, the sleet was mixed with snow.  From about mile 3.5 until I finished it started snowing hard with big flakes.  It was very cool running in the snow, especially on Christmas.  We don't get much snow in Dallas.  I finished today at about 5.3 miles in about 50 minutes.  I think the plan was for an easy 4 miles but I felt like doing the full park run.  I did see a few people out on the park trails today.  It was not for the faint of heart out there today but ended up being fun none the less.



http://connect.garmin.com/activity/254313799

No comments:

Post a Comment