Ironman Boulder

Friday, March 7, 2014

3.7.13 Build Week

Felt really run down after the weekend so I took the day off on Monday and did not swim.  The Tuesday track workout was one of the longest to date.  No one at the track again this week and I had to use my ladder to get over the fence.  1.5 mile warm up, 2x1600s at 10k pace with 400 recoveries in between, 2x800s at 5k pace with 90 second rest, 800 with first 400 at slightly faster than 5k pace and the last 400 as fast as possible, 1.5 mile cool down.  Weather was cold but no wind so it was very nice.  Tough but felt pretty good.  Wednesday I swam in the morning and did my 80 minute bike workout on the trainer at home.  It's still too dark to get 80 minutes in after work and I couldn't get to Shelby's trainer session because I was late getting home from work.  Thursday was the tempo run.  2 mile warm up, 4 mile at half marathon pace, and 1 mile cool down.  Pace wasn't fast but it was a little more difficult than I thought it would be.  The last few miles were not bad as I had settled in pretty good at that point.  I swam this morning and am due for an easy 60 minutes on the bike this evening.  Weekend mileage is up slightly so the build continues.  I wish winter would give it up.  Riding is just miserable in the cold weather.

Track Run:
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/455313149

Tempo Run:
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/456008461

No comments:

Post a Comment