Ironman Boulder

Thursday, March 27, 2014

3.27.14 Post Race Recovery

Jeff scheduled a recovery week prior to another build cycle in April.  Good timing because my legs were dead after the race.  I took Monday completely off.  I was tired and really sore.  Tuesday was track day.  I was to do intervals from a mile, 1200, 800, and 400 with a mile warm up and cool down.  I could not generate the proper pacing and just did what I could to get through without causing further damage.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/467562175

Wednesday was a swim/bike double.  I swam 2500 yards.  I felt a little tired and sluggish.  Probably not up to speed but the swim work really helped with the muscle soreness in my legs.  I felt much better after the swim.  Last night, the weather outside was not good so I rode my bike on the trainer for 70 minutes.  Nothing hard, just a nice solid spin.

This morning I did a 6 mile tempo run.  My legs are starting to come around again.  My speed was not great.  Legs were heavy but no pain left except in my hips.  Solid but not great run.  There was a mist in the air this morning.  It looks really cool with the headlamp on.  I love running in a misty rain.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/468475929

No comments:

Post a Comment