Ironman Boulder

Monday, March 31, 2014

3.30.31 Old Alton Bridge Trail Run

The Matrix had someone tell him about a trail north of Double Oak and Lantana that is a great running trail.  Bikes or any motorized vehicles are banned.  Looks like it is mostly for runners and horses.  I knew where the trail head is since I ride my bike right past it quite often.  We headed up there and parked.  It was crowded in the little parking area but we found a spot across the street.  I needed about 8 miles so we started going south on the trail and would turn around at about the halfway point.  The trail is a lot like the Grasslands course, some sand and deeper ruts where the horses have worn down the trail.  The trail doesn't have a lot of elevation to it.  Mostly long, steady uphill and downhill sections.  We didn't make it to the end but were close when we turned around.  The weather was perfect for me.  High 50s/Low 60s with humidity in the 40s.  I felt like I could run all day.  We will probably go back and explore this again and may be a regular mainstay for training.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/470479489

No comments:

Post a Comment