Ironman Boulder

Sunday, March 16, 2014

3.16.14 Weekend Workouts

Yesterday was my long bike ride.  I needed four hours and it looked dicey as we were expecting very heavy thunderstorms at some point in the day.  I left at 7:30am to meet Shelby and his group at the FloMo CAC.  Shelby was not going to make it but a few other guys were going to go with me.  I tried to add as much mileage close to home as possible.  We evenutally made it out to Argyle city hall and then headed back.  Wind was in our face coming home but I think we negative split the ride actually.  I felt really good and never had any lingering tiredness from the week.  We never had any rain and it held off until the afternoon.  Ended up with almost 62 miles in 4 hours.  Good days work.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/461440363

The heavy rain yesterday afternoon closed the trail this morning.  I went ahead and slept in this morning and ran around Coppell today on the road.  The wind was blowing about 25mph today and the temps were in the 40s.  Not a great combination.  Plan was for 100 minutes.  Didn't really know how many miles to factor so I created a route that should be around 10 miles.  I ended up going something like 10.7 miles in a little over the 100 minutes.  The last few tenths were walking to cool down.  My pace was really good today and was in a very good rhythm for the last 3-4 miles.  The weather was brutal and would have been completely out for bike riding.  We can't seem to shed winter once and for all.  Grasslands is next weekend.  I feel good so I am expecting a good race.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/462189132

No comments:

Post a Comment