Ironman Boulder

Friday, March 14, 2014

3.14.14

On Wednesday, I swam 2800 yards.  Longest swim in a while.  I felt pretty good throughout.  I'm starting to get my endurance back in the water.  After work, I rode the bike for 70 minutes outside.  Met Shelby at the Flower Mound CAC and we rode intervals on Spinks Road.  The wind was really blowing hard, probably 15-20mph.  It was in the low 60s outside but that wind made things a little cooler than I expected.  The work was hard in the wind but I guess that's a good thing.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/460017001

Yesterday was the dreaded Thursday run.  When Jeff tells you it will be hard on the plan, it can be a little daunting.  1 mile warm up, 1 mile moderate/hard, 1 mile easy, 1 mile moderate/hard, 1 mile easy moderate, 1 mile hard, 1 mile cool down.  My warm up was a little fast at 9:58 but I was feeling good to start.  My moderate/hard miles were in the upper 8 minute pace and the easy/moderates were mid 9s.  The hard mile was 7:52 and it really took a lot out of me.  I had to walk for a few seconds before coming in at an easy pace.  My legs were pretty heavy.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/460186050

Today should have been easy.  I'm resting the legs today and only have a swim.  I was really fatigued on the swim all morning.  Never seemed to get it going.  Arms were dead for the most part.  The intervals were short and I didn't really have any issues finishing anything, it just wasn't snappy or fast.  Guess I'm kind of tired.  It was a long build week with the weekend to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment