Ironman Boulder

Friday, February 28, 2014

2.28.14 Thursday Run and Friday Swim

The weather was cold again on Thursday morning so I waited until after work to run.  I'm over winter big time at this point.  Time for Spring please.  My run was a normal tempo run.  One mile warm up and cool down with the middle four miles at mid zone 3.  I updated my zones slightly for the run.  My HR monitor must be running low on battery life.  The first 15 minutes were way off and didn't normalize until somewhere in the second mile.  I ran strictly by HR zone after that and completely ignored speed.  My legs were tired after the double on Wednesday.  The swim this morning was the same.  Due to the late run, my legs were a little tired for the swim.  I had some kick board and fin work in the swim today.  After 15 minutes or so, it was good but I was tired after the fact.  Thanks to the weather, this "recovery week" may be one of my more productive weeks this month.  The build plan comes on Monday.  I'm sure it's about time to start edging up the mileage.

No comments:

Post a Comment