Ironman Boulder

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

2.26.14 Recovery Week

This week is a recovery week prior to another build cycle.  Seems like I am making out good on the plan after a light weekend.  I was in Minnesota visiting my daughter and had to run one day on the treadmill at the hotel and obviously couldn't ride my bike.  Treadmills are the devils instrument.  I missed a few days of workouts and got back on schedule Monday.  The weather was brutal on the frozen tundra and I'm glad to be back.  Seems like the weather followed me a little bit but no negative temps in Dallas.  Track workout on Tuesday was supposed to be easy.  Jeff doesn't ever seem to give me anything easy.  2 mile warm up, 800 at 5k pace, 1600 at 10k pace, 800 with first 400 at 5k pace and the last 400 as fast as possible, followed by a mile cool down.  Each interval had a 400 recovery in between so a total of six miles.  My 800s were in the 7:40 pace range and the mile was about 8:20.  Weather was rain with wind chill in the low 30s.  Not great.  Feeling good about my speed work at the present time.  Swam on Monday and today.  Strange mix in the swim sets today but that keeps it interesting.  Underwater kick with fins for 25 yards.  I made it end to end on two of the four.  Hopefully, the weather starts turning in March.  I have officially had it with winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment