Ironman Boulder

Sunday, June 9, 2013

6.9.13 Run

It's long run day.  The trail crew was supposed to get together this morning at 7:30am but the weather had other plans.  I woke up around 6:30 and heard the thunder in the distance.  Turned on the TV to see how bad the storms were and there was a big mass of red and yellow heading right at us.  I sent a message to Joe and the Matrix to let them know I was delaying the run today and going back to bed.  My wife and I got up around 8 and watched a movie.  After that, it looked like the rain was clearing out so I started to get my stuff together.  I left the house at 10:45am.  It was 77 degrees outside but extremely humid.  In the sun, it seemed much warmer.  I took all of my water bottles on my fuel belt.  Two of them with lemon lime Skratch Lab, two gels and Enduroshark.  I used all of it and actually stopped once to fill up one of the water bottles so I could dump it on my head while I was running.  I kept the pace pretty steady and slow today.  I ran across this old guy in Coppell named Ribs.  Everybody who runs around Coppell knows Ribs.  I managed to cross paths with him about three times today.  The humidity was rough today and I felt pretty tapped out when I got home.  At least leaving later in the morning is good training for Lubbock.  I should probably do more of that for the next few weeks.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/325383178

No comments:

Post a Comment