Ironman Boulder

Sunday, June 23, 2013

6.23.13 Northshore Trail Run

Last long run before Ironman Buffalo Springs.  I met the Matrix, Joe and Fred at Joe's house for our Sunday run at Northshore Trail on Lake Grapevine.  I decided to keep the pace pretty steady but go after the hills today and give my legs one last solid workout.  There are several hills at Buffalo Springs.  I felt pretty today and managed a pretty steady pace.  Rich and I raced in for the last quarter mile. I think it was a dead heat. He ran 24 miles yesterday and still almost outran me at the end today. Amazing.  Matrix is training for Leadville so he has been doing big mileage.  Joe is coming to Lubbock for Buffalo Springs and is doing the half marathon portion with a relay team.  It will be good to have some friends at the race.  I took the Go Pro camera with me today and will see if I got some good shots today.  It is really downhill from here.  I'm sure we will be backing off the intensity this week.  I'm a little nervous about this race.  I have never rode a bike course with actual catgorized climbing and running in these conditions.  I really don't know what to expect or what goal to set.  At this point, getting to the finish line seems like goal number one.  My time in Austin last year was around six and a half hours.  I would like to do better but this is a completely different race.  I'll have to do some thinking on this.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/332034616

No comments:

Post a Comment