Ironman Boulder

Saturday, June 22, 2013

6.22.13 Bike

Today was my somewhat last long bike ride before Ironman Buffalo Springs.  I scaled back the bike slightly today and only went 3 hours and 7 minutes covering 51.4 miles.  I did not push the pace today at all and this was a slower ride than usual.  I was supposed to go with my neighbor Justin today at 5:30 but I must have missed him this morning and ended up going alone.  My route to Argyle is still blocked so I went southwest through Southlake and then Las Colinas before heading home.  There are some nice hills in Irving and I probably needed a little hill work.  It was early and I didn't get enough nutrition in today.  I had some cramping problems when I got home so I'll need to get a handle on that before next week.  My ride was early enough that it was not hot but it was humid this morning.  It's been a weird spring/summer this year.  The hot weather has held off for the most part and I'm a little concerned about acclimating to the west texas heat next weekend.  At this point, the hay is in the barn so no sense worrying about it. 

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/331471730

No comments:

Post a Comment