Ironman Boulder

Friday, June 7, 2013

6.7.13 Brick Day

I don't do a whole lot of bricks but my plan called for one today.  All three disciplines were involved today which required some planning.  I had my daughter take me to the CARC for the swim and we put my bike in the back of her car.  After swimming, I would take off on the bike and then return home where I would put my running shoes on.  It all worked and should have taken about 2 hours to complete.  I did the regular swim workout, followed by at least 30 minutes on the bike, and a run that was building in pace for about 10 minutes.  I was to walk about 5 minutes after finishing and stretch.  We got to the CARC around 5:15 so I was done with everything at around 7:30.  It was fun and something new to break up the monotony.  My swim was good and included a timed 500 yard set.  I was able to knock out the 500 yard swim in 7:50 which is really fast for me.  It was a little cool this morning and the sun was just coming up when I headed out on the bike.  My garmin skills were poor today.  I started the bike in run mode, switched to bike mode but forgot to start the watch.  I had to guess at the time.  When I got home to transition into my run, I forgot to start my run on the watch.  Crap.  Had to guess at that as well.  Jeff told me to come off the bike working hard going into the run so maybe my head wasn't exactly thinking straight.  I still felt pretty good.  My legs were a little wobbly but it worked out after getting into a groove.  I don't want to do this too much during the week.  It takes extra time in the morning and I'm beat tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment